Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tatooed Life

In the mist between the beginning,
daylit mind and the fantastic nethernight
you came like some scholar
bespectacled to learn the maze,
the lore of my muddle.
I’ve learned alreadyAlready learned
That you,
whose indrawn depth
whose inward breath
caught mine captive
Meant nothing by it.
Your fingers have stirred the impulse of intellect
Caught -
in the straining web of the nervous beating pulp
that is the artefactual house of the mystery
that powers the universe-
Sundered
In awakened choice
unaware that your exploratory offering
was a carnage catalyst.
I could not escape your inroad on my being
Spectral doubt and longing haunts the ways of slumber
Clamours in the empty ears of the conscious day
Like the waves of pulse, constant unheeded drumming
that returns from the sleepless pillow,
flowing unholy in the rhythm of
tattooed life, the sense of you remains
coming and becoming till
only me formed of you
is left of you when
you came to me.
Eden.

No comments: